The IFLA Trend Report identifies five top level trends which will play a key role in shaping our future information ecosystem:
- TREND 1 New Technologies will both expand and limit who has access to information.
- TREND 2 Online Education will democratise and disrupt global learning.
- TREND 3 The boundaries of privacy and data protection will be redefined..
- TREND 4 Hyper-connected societies will listen to and empower new voices and groups.
- TREND 5 The global information environment will be transformed by new technologies.
Visit the IFLA website to download the report and participate in the ongoing discussion forum ( for IFLA members only).